Summary of Role:
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department, providing oversight and support to the Company’s accounting team, developing and maintaining necessary systems and processes and providing timely, accurate and complete financial information and reports to members of management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger for all entities of the Company.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations, researching and resolving any discrepancies.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements reviewing the results with company management.
- Prepare special reports and analysis as required by company management.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly cash flow.
- Ensure vendor payments and billings are accurately and timely processed.
- Manage and oversee weekly payroll processing.
- Grow and develop the accounting team, providing necessary support, training and feedback as required.
- Develop systems and processes to maximize company efficiencies, automating processes when possible
- Assist the Management Team with data requests and carrying out strategic initiatives.
- Perform special projects as required by company management.
- Manage collections duties
Core Characteristics to be displayed in this Role:
- Positive attitude
- Curious and continuous improvement mentality
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Open and honest communication
- Ability to influence others within the organization
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years of Management or Supervisor experience in an Accounting environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Experience in the Construction industry preferred
Garvin Metal Roofs is an equal opportunity employer. Apply today for immediate consideration.